SUZUKI PRACTICING ACADEMY
Get the effective, positive, and FUN home music practices you have been wanting
6 week online course
Stop arguing, bribing and begging in your practices and instead have positive, shorter and fun sessions with faster results!
If you’re a brand new or seasoned Suzuki parent or teacher, and you want to get better at playing your instrument faster while having more fun, then you already know that this takes work and preparation before the practice session even begins.
You want it all for your child and are ready to make the time and money investment to give them the gift of music in their life. You are willing to do whatever it takes, but don't always know what that is. You are busy and need to save time while still getting practice results. However, you know that investing in becoming a practicing expert is worth it!
If this sounds like YOU, then you are in the right place. I am going to tell you exactly how the Suzuki Practicing Academy will give you the tools, inspiration and unparalleled support on your journey to effective, positive and FUN home practices.
By the end of this program,
you will have…
A clear understanding of WHY playing a musical instrument is important and worth your time, money and energy, making it easier for you to stay motivated for the long term.
An effective practice space. Everything that you need to help you be successful including FREE resources from me, that are easy to use.
A habit of practicing everyday and not missing.
A clear map of what to practice each session and how many times. The expected work to do in your practices will be very clear. The child will be able to make many choices during the lesson time, but you will still remain in control of what needs to get done.
A daily practice binder that you know how to fill out in your weekly lessons. You will know how to not waste time and practice for a shorter length getting more results.
You will know what questions to ask the teacher to create the best practice schedule each week.
Practice sessions that are moving from extrinsically motivated ones (initiated by you) to more intrinsically motivated ones (initiated by the player) and they want to play their instrument everyday.
Practice sessions that end with enjoying music together. You have moments of accomplishment throughout the practice that bring great satisfaction and you also have time at the end to do something special to enjoy music together.
An extensive bank of positive words and phrases to say during practice sessions that you have practiced and feel comfortable with. Your child will be motivated as well as agreeable and polite.
You will feel confident enough in your understanding of basic music to take effective notes in lessons and know what questions to ask the teacher to create the best practice schedule for the week. You will know how to not waste time and practice shorter with more results.
"Christy is one of the clearest, and most inspiring teachers you could ever find!
I have invited her as a guest to speak to graduating music teachers, from the University where I teach, that was wildly successful. Her enthusiasm and love for teaching is energizing and her step - by - step processes are easy to follow and to customize to fit your needs. If you want to have great home music practices then RUN - don’t WALK to Christy’s Practicing Program. Working with Christy will bring you measurable change and you will see your goals achieved."
DC KRISSY KEECH
BMus, Acadia University
"Christy's momentum, determination and grit to get things done are not only contagious but stronger than anyone I have ever had the pleasure to know. contagious too! If you want to make positive changes in your relationship with your child through home practices, this course with Christy is for you".
- Walter Toth , MBA P Eng, Piano and Violin Parent
"We have learned to practice first thing in the morning, so we don't run out of time and are awake and fresh. Using Christy's daily practice sheets helps us balance review with also get all the learning tasks completed. My son has learned that he can break difficult things down into small pieces to make it easy. What a life long gift I have been able to give him by learning to practice effectively like this. We have had some really fun practices too with Christy's practice activities."
- Corrine Younis, Master of Social Work, Suzuki singing / violin Parent
"Christy is a genuine soul and gives you so much in terms of her presence and attention like you are sitting right in the front row of an audience. She is honest and ready to engage with you. She stands out as a teacher and it's easy to be successful with her guidance."
- Kealan McLaughlin, Principle Ballet Dancer of Estonian National Ballet, 2020
What’s Inside Suzuki Practicing Academy
Suzuki Practicing Academy is the only implementation program of it's kind.
Not only does Suzuki Practicing 101 show you exactly how to create effective, positive, home music practices but also how to have fun doing it. Say "goodbye" to boring practices, not getting the results you want from your hard work or arguing/bribing to get through a practice. I’ll help you climb up and over the mountain to have successful, productive, and fun practicing sessions together where you are a Super Suzuki Practice Parent.
Practicing Parents need support to be successful too.
How do you learn the fastest and why are music lessons so important?
- We will make your WHY for taking music lesson, solid together and then you will always be able to come back to it in any challenge
- A quiz to score how effective your present learning environment is
- How to create a fast learning environment
A Practice Space and Habits that Give you Great Success
- What to have in your practice space
- How to make a daily habit and keep it
- Learn how to make memorizing your pieces EASY
Make the Most of Your Valuable Lesson Time
- Being a Master Observer in Lessons
- What to write when taking notes in lessons
- Making daily practice charts quickly that make practicing effective
What to do Before Your Successful Practice Session
- How to prepare your practice sessions in just 5 minutes a day
- Know how to be clear and concise with instructions
- Be an expert at knowing how many repetitions are needed and how to make them fun
- Rewards and celebrations to motivate players
Positive Practice Session That Players Want to Be In
- A game changing activity to make communication positive
- Learn easy ways to fill practices with choices the player can make, so they will feel like they also have control
- Praise effectively for results and confidence in your player with clear examples to use as a guide
- Learn the strategy used in video games so that children can’t stop playing them. We will apply this concept to your practices.
Wrapping it all up and making moments of “Playing” Music and not just “Practicing” Music
- How to locate the best teacher in your area and support the one that you have.
- Create magical moments where music makes others happy
- Understand the unmeasurable gifts you will be giving your child when you practice with purpose
When you enroll during this special, limited time period,
Suzuki Practicing Academy
showing you literally EVERYTHING you need to do to turn your practices into positive ones that give you the results you are wanting. Watch your child progress faster and be more motivated to work harder!
A complete step - by - step planshowing you how to create both a successful learning environment and a physical space that will bring you more productive practices.
A daily practice sheet systemthat you will be confident filling out in lessons each week. You will know how to follow and take notes in lessons. This system will help you to create effective practice sessions that don't waste your valuable time.
Access to Fun practicing activitiesto make sure that you always have enjoyable practices that you don't have to spend a lot of time preparing each week.
Have a bank of positive things to sayin ways that will build your child’s confidence and personal motivation.
You will be given access to one module per week - so that you have ample time to dive into the lessons and execute that portion of the program BEFORE moving onto the rest.
I do this to protect your time, attention and focus while sparing you from possible overwhelm or just being “inspired” but not actually making changes in your practices. We want changes and ones that STAY!
Plus These Bonuses to Give You Even More Support
Understanding the Basics of Music
A Mini - Course & Music Notation Cheat Sheet.
Learn the basic music terms and how to read and understand Suzuki Book 1. Be able to take good solid notes during lesson time.
(A $89 Value)
What You’ll Get:
- Cheat sheets of basic terms - never be unsure what the teacher is saying again!
- Short video series explaining in more detail everything on your cheat sheet.
6 Weeks of Live Q&A Sessions with Christy in the private Suzuki Practicing Academy Facebook (for Members Only)
(A $160 Value)
What You’ll Get:
- 6 Live Q&A sessions where I answer your questions relating to each week’s module. Make sure you get all of your questions answered so that you can move forward with confidence through each lesson.
- A supportive Facebook with Christy and a community of fellow students to help you make changes and find solutions for any issues that you could have.
- A space to not feel alone in this journey of becoming an effective Suzuki Practicing Parent.
- After the course you will be able to hop on my “Practicing Pro Alumni Facebook page” where I'll check in once a month and send you extra practicing tips. This special facebook group is for course Alumni only.
Surprise Practicing Package in the mail from ME
A package including fun surprises to use for celebrating when you have a WIN!
(A $30 + Value)
What You’ll Get:
- It's a surprise! You will have to wait and see for this one
Here’s what you’re getting when you enroll today:
Suzuki Practicing Academy - 175$ Value
- Bonus 1 - 89$ Value
- Bonus 2 - 160$ Value
- Bonus 3 - 30$ Value
Total Value: $454
When you add it all up, that’s a value of $454 USD
But when you enroll today, you’ll get access to everything for just:
Plus You’ll be Backed by a Risk-Free 14-Day Guarantee
Suzuki Practicing 101 - is the most comprehensive, step-by-step implementation program for parents who have signed their children up for music lessons and want results for the time, money, and energy they are about to spend over the coming YEARS on these lessons. This course will take your investment and make sure you get the most out of it.
This course will be filled with helpful, motivated and super supportive members who also want the same things. When you join you will also be a part of this special group.
By the end of these 14 days, you will have received access to the Mini Course - Understanding the Basics of Music Notation with the Music Notation Cheat Sheet as well as the first two modules.
Meaning you will have the basic knowledge you will need to start to really make some changes in your home practices and start getting the results that you desire BEFORE making a final commitment.
If you don’t feel totally confident that you will be able to find some areas to make changes in and haven’t already seen some improvements, simply reach out, show me you have put in the work, and I’ll refund your investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What my most successful Practicing Parents have asked before joining Suzuki Practicing Academy
I am not sure I have enough time for all that I am going to learn in this course and will be too busy. What if something happens and I miss a week and get behind?
I am a brand new Suzuki Parent. Is this course going to be too hard for me?
My Suzuki teacher already runs a few Parents nights a year and I have taken the SAA “Every Child Can Course” - will I still get something out of this course?
When I join will I get immediate access to all of the lessons and modules?
Will Christy be available to answer my question?
I can’t afford to pay for the course right now since music lessons are so expensive.
My Practice sessions are so negative right now, I feel like music lessons are making it so that I can’t ever be friends with my children as long as we are fighting about practicing. Can this be fixed and how long will it take? How can I know when it’s just time to quit.
Still thinking about it?
Suzuki Practicing Academy is PERFECT for you if…
- You are a brand new Suzuki Parent and you want to have great practice times together that your child wants to be there working with you.
- You feel like your practices are not a positive experience and you want to fix this issue once and for all, making them positive so your child feels great about themselves.
- You are willing to spend a small, consistent, amount of work each day on this course for 6 weeks to see immediate differences in your practice sessions.
- You are already spending time, money, and energy on music lessons and want it to be worth it.
- You are worried that fighting and arguing during practice time will strain your relationship with your child and you don’t want that.
- You know that you can have more positive practices and accomplish so much with your child. You imagine that and know it can happen!
- You are ready to do what it takes and to get help and support right now to have FUN and effective practices today!
I can’t wait for you to join Suzuki Practicing Academy
I have seen over the years that when families "learn how to practice effectively" their lives change! When you practice with your child, you learn how they learn and build a relationship based on understanding. Those skills will travel with you and make the rest of your life easier. The Suzuki Practicing Academy will transform your children's and family's life in a positive and permanent way.
I have watched families first-hand go from a family with lots of desire and love but without much direction to being a more organized and focused family. They spend more quality time together learning and sharing with others through music as a result of learning how to practice effectively together.
More than anything else I want to share this with you today.
If you are a music practicing parent or music teacher you owe it to yourself to take this "risk - free" plunge today and see what your practices can look like after you invest in yourself and become a practicing pro.
To take real tangible steps towards experiencing first hand effective, positive and fun music practices with your child in your home.
Should you accept my invitation, I guarantee that these next 6 weeks will change your home music practices. They will also help you in other aspects of your relationship with your child and family in positive ways.
You are in the right place!
I look forward to meeting you personally inside of the Suzuki Practicing Academy.
ALL my best,